Thursday, July 9, 2009

Great Expectations


I really need to post more often, I have no excuse for it. There's nothing much going on now, but I know when school starts I'll be posting at least once every two days, for sure.

The only thing that's blog-worthy was finally going to church with my best friend. It was weird for me, since I haven't gone in years. And it wasn't a normal church either, it was for junior high and senior high students, where christian rock bands played, it was really something. And the way he talked was incredible, it was in a way anyone could understand. The only problem was I'm agnostic.

I don't want to say that I was uncomfortable, though I was a bit. But my friend wanted me to go because she's afraid for me. But of course, for my first time going, they talked about pain. Yup, I thought it was pretty ironic. Hey said that there's a reason for pain, to make you stronger, and to help you later on through life. Everything happens for a reason. He said that there's people put here, that with the more pain they feel, the more fences they put around their hearts. It makes them harder to love and feel love, and it's more difficult for them to let God into their hearts.

And all I thought was Hey, that's me.

He also said that pain was a good thing. You need to welcome it into your life, because in the end everything will work out. That's something I've never believed before, and I'm still not sure if I even believe it now. I guess I'm just really confused about the whole thing. But last night has really given me something to think about.

That's been my week, including downloading music and watching tv. Exciting, no?

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

when i read this i realized more and more about you, and myself. how we both have seen and felt many things that makes us distance among people, about how we wont let anyone in. about how we built this fence around us that no one can get through. i dont explain this anymore because most people wont understand what it means when we have a wall around us, the few can break.

Anonymous said...

u posted:)

Natalie said...

I really don't have any idea what my actual stance is on religion. I guess I'd probably call myself agnostic, but "technically" I'm a Presbyterian after my parents forced me to get confirmed. I don't really know what to believe, honestly :P The whole thing about pain does seem rather ironic though :/

Downloading music actually sounds like a good idea haha... my iTunes gift card has been burning a hole in my pocket. Have a great rest of the week :)

Sakhi. said...

heya....long time...nice piks...colorful!!

Unknown said...

Ah church, i really wish mine was more like that, we used to have a really good young preist, but he left, and was replaced by a homophobe who i hate. I know hate is a strong word, but he is one of those people that twists the bible to say what he wants, and it just annoys me.

Thanks for the last comment by the way, and sorry i havnt replyed for so long, things have been a wee bit busy ;).

He sounds like a really inspirational guy, and that was some good points he made, i really like to think that everything works out ok in the end, and i think in the long run it does, at least i hope so ;).

grace x

The girl with no smell said...

I have always believed that everthing will be all right. I just think it would be horrible to believe that it just gets worst. I don't know how to explain myself....

Sara Bear :) said...

thank you for the comment on my blog...it is very much appreciated x]]
ummm..."Everything happens for a reason" i try to believe this...i try very hard to believe it...b/c so much of life would be EVEN HARDER if i didn't believe it.