Saturday, September 19, 2009

Song About An Angel


"I haven't forgot any words that you said, I just stare at the clocks and I cry in my sleep. I tear up your letters and I burn them in heaps, and I gather the ashes in that hole in the ground where we fell."

I'm finally back. I know that it's been a long time since I last posted, but since school has started I haven't been able to do much besides homework and sleep. But, since the last time I posted a ton of stuff has happened.

Thursday the orchestra went on a "field trip" to a concert hall to hear Midori play. If you don't know who she is, you have to look her up on YouTube, she is an amazing violinist. It was all just astonishing. Before we went there we went to the Log Cabin Village, where you basically learn about how people lived in the 1700s and 1800s. It would have been excrutiatingly boring if I had not been with the group I was with. :) The only bad part was that I was sick, and still am.

The last Sunday in August the orchestra had a fundraiser to a gaming place, and that was fun. I don't really remember anything "blog worthy" from it though except for an awkward horse-racing game. It did bring back some memories of when we went to that gaming place in San Antonio in April. :)

"Promise me that you'll never drive. Ever. And I mean it." (;

Also went to the first football game of the year on the 12th. I really need to start bringing my camera everywhere I go.

"It's a beautiful day; the sky falls and you feel like it's a beautiful day. Don’t let it get away."

I tried to make this week a pretty good week, since the first three weeks of school have been nearly awful. And I guess it was okay, except for the whole getting sick part. Which was not my fault. :P I didn't realize how hard it was to be an optimist. But it felt good to not lie when someone asks if I'm okay. I can finally say fine and mean it.

In a few hours I'm going dress shopping with two friends for homecoming. They're making me go, so we'll see how that goes. Tomorrow I'm going to help work on the orchestra float for homecoming parade since they need all the help they can get. My grandparents are also in town, so that should be, fun?

So that's it for now. AdiĆ³s.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hooray for being back :D

The orchestra field trip thingy sounds awesome! Going to see talented people do what they do best is always neat, hehe. The fundraiser sounds like it was fun too! I'm sorry school has been pretty bad though, with you being sick on top of that :/ That's never fun. Have fun with homecoming, float-decorating, and everything else! :)

Mac said...

Can't wait to see you soon. I'm back :)