Sunday, August 21, 2011

Love is all you need? False. You need water and rations.

The past month I haven't been on blogger, beginning Monday, August 8th:
"Freshmen Etiquette Video" filming. The freshmen are getting more and more out of hand, each year having less and less common sense than the previous one. So we thought it would be a good idea to make a video outlining what should and should not be done, presented in a funny, cheesy way. Some skits include;
behave in the orchestra room (shown using a nerf gun war)
behave during concerts (shown using a rave in the auditorium)
and don't be late for class (shown using a kid getting chased by ninjas down the hallway)
Afterwards two of my friends and I went to a mall, ate dinner at Chilis, and listened to some old records.
Pictures for school IDs were the following day. Had another Wii party with some friends later in the day, where we celebrated two of their birthdays with this marvelous fail cake.

Thursday I finally got an ID that lets me legally watch R rated movies. I saw one of my friends there which was a pleasant surprise. That night I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes with a friend I haven't seen most of the summer and one of her guy friends. He was so full of himself, oh my goodness. He did compliment me though. That was strange.
The next day my friend and I had a "music party" where we listened to old records for most of the night. Before we went to a record/book store and found a narration of the animated Lord of the Rings on a vinyl for $6. We also bought a record by Kansas. We pulled an all nighter and watched
A Hard Day's Night
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Breakfast Club
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Only about half of it though, I finally fell asleep at 7 and woke up at 9.
I picked up my schedule the next Monday. Mine is messed up. I get to fix that first thing tomorrow morning, hooray. I got put into the same art class I was complaining about last year. Went to a friends house afterwards and watched Tangled. Good day.
I can't remember anything from Tuesday and Wednesday, so I assume I did nothing.
Thursday, haircut. Basically like the one I had freshman year.


Then and now.

Went to IHOP at 11 that night, and the waiter that brought our food to us was high as a kite. He called me Judy for some strange reason. The only other group besides us was a large table of hooligans. "For our patience", someone who worked there gave us coupons. Upon further inspection we realised they had expired last month.
Orchestra end of summer pool party was yesterday, and it was a great way to end the summer.
School starts tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited for senior year. This time next year I'll be talking about the first day of college.
Finally, according to one of my friends, cats can solve all our problems.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What's funny is that out of all my friends, the one that looks the oldest is actually the youngest, so she's been going to R rated movies since she was like 14, haha.

Yay for movie nights! Definitely some classics there. And ah, I love Tangled so much.

I like your hair! :D And oh my goodness, college. Scary.

Jocelyn said...

sounds like a movie kinda weekend! I love movie nights, and man school sucks doesn't it. I feel so old reading your guys' blogzzzz.

Have a good labor day weekend!

-joce

PhilO♥ said...

it's been ages! How have you been??